The cocktail made famous by 007
“Shaken, not stirred” is how James Bond prefers his martini cocktail.
While there have been many inspiring incarnations, it’s quite unthinkable to go past the traditional recipe of gin and vermouth.
- 50ml Gin
- 20ml Dry Vermouth
- Lemon zest or olive
1. Add ice to glass
2. Add Gin and Dry Vermouth, and stir (we’re guessing you’re not James Bond!)
3. Garnish with curl of lemon zest or olive
If you’re feeling adventurous and want to venture beyond the traditional martini or the easy and classic Gin & Tonic, add orange marmalade to make the most delicious tangy cocktail!
- 30ml Gin
- Two teaspoons of Orange Marmalade
- A dash or two of lemon juice
- About six fresh mint leaves
- Elderflower tonic
- A slice of fresh orange for garnish
- Ice cubes
You will need a cocktail shaker for this recipe.
- Add the Gin, Orange marmalade and half of the mint leaves to a cocktail shaker
- Shake well for about 15 seconds
- Add some ice cubes to a glass
- Strain the drink from the cocktail shaker into the glass
- Top up with elderflower tonic
- Garnish with the orange slice and remaining mint leaves
Perfect timing to whip up these two elegant cocktails as AE Club’s promotion this week includes Caorunn Gin bundled with a 4-can pack of Sanpellegrino Limonata, plus a Caorunn woven bag thrown in – at discounted pricing!